Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Iron Hide 2 Updated...PICS Project Finished!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ditrut



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 430
Location: Warman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks pretty sweet. gotta say that i don't really like the big chrome tongue on the front tho.
_________________
Devin

'12 F-150
'10 LX570
'97 Tacoma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
littlerunner
Financial contributor


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 2441
Location: Regina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COPY CAT!!!! Razz

I love it!!! Are those the 40's on there?
_________________
91 SAS 4Runner BRIGHT BLUE
3" Body, 9" suspension lift
1 tons chevy axles
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
1982PrairiePounder



Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 243
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man I seen your rig in Fort Qu' Appelle this moring while I was at the A&W. That thing is sick, looks better in motion lol, good work!!.
_________________
1992 Dodge W250 CTD
Defination of Disappointment: Running into a wall face first with a boner and breaking your nose first!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
littlerunner
Financial contributor


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 2441
Location: Regina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1982PrairiePounder wrote:
Hey man I seen your rig in Fort Qu' Appelle this moring while I was at the A&W. That thing is sick, looks better in motion lol, good work!!.


That was most likely me Ironhide 1. We were at the hill patrolling yesterday.

Thanks anyways!!!!
_________________
91 SAS 4Runner BRIGHT BLUE
3" Body, 9" suspension lift
1 tons chevy axles
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
varty yo



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 489
Location: city that rhymes with fun!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i also seen ironhide1 in town a couple weeks ago. i was driving behind you. and when i finally noticed the transformer sticker you were turning off. id like to see both trucks side by side
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlerunner
Financial contributor


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 2441
Location: Regina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varty yo wrote:
yes i also seen ironhide1 in town a couple weeks ago. i was driving behind you. and when i finally noticed the transformer sticker you were turning off. id like to see both trucks side by side


So that was you. We were both heading North on Pasqua and I turned off onto ring road right?

I would too.
_________________
91 SAS 4Runner BRIGHT BLUE
3" Body, 9" suspension lift
1 tons chevy axles
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
varty yo



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 489
Location: city that rhymes with fun!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah that was me! with my little guy tires on Sad are you running toyo mt's i was a little leary about them in the winter thats why i put my bfg's back on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Live2Crawl



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 283
Location: Estevan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyo MT rock in the winter!! and yea those sightings were all IronHide 1...
we nieed a pic of ironhide 1 and 2 side by side!!
_________________
BTC95 Wrote
QUOTE : Very true, its just too bad your views are stupid and wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
varty yo



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 489
Location: city that rhymes with fun!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really they are good in the winter. i havent had good expiriences with mudders on the ice and packed snow. i know in lose wet snow they are the goods. i just figured the big lugs would slip alot more. maybe ill leave the 37's on next winter. unless i find a smokin deal on some 325's at's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Live2Crawl



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 283
Location: Estevan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly i have never had a problem with toyo mts, I even run them on my work trucks year round.
_________________
BTC95 Wrote
QUOTE : Very true, its just too bad your views are stupid and wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlerunner
Financial contributor


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 2441
Location: Regina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varty yo wrote:
yah that was me! with my little guy tires on Sad are you running toyo mt's i was a little leary about them in the winter thats why i put my bfg's back on.


Yup toyo mt's on my truck too.

on the 4runner i ran kumho mt's, bfg mt's and gumbo's.

Never ever ever will run gumbos in the winter again...too damn scarry!!!

THe bfg mt's and the kumho mt's were compareable. If the road was slippery and there was a hill then i would need to use 4x4.

The toyo's are in my opinion a little better then the others for winter use. I find that if i am in a rush to get going they spin just like any other tire. Even with the limited slip rear end. If is icy/snow cover on the road i just toss it into 4x4. Once i am moving they grip the road pretty good and the traction control on my truck defuel's the engine to control sliding around and spinning the tires off the line. It works pretty good.

I had a few fast stops, 1 being last night, where i full out expected to be thru the intersection and the truck stopped very quickly with full control.

I also had a moment a few weeks back where i pulled out of costco parking lot onto fleet street in 4x4 and punched it a little too hard. TIres spun, The turbos kicked into 30+psi and the ass end went out and i was sideways down the road for half a block back and forth before things got all straightened out. Surprised the hell out of me and scared the shit out of the guys coming down the street towards me.
_________________
91 SAS 4Runner BRIGHT BLUE
3" Body, 9" suspension lift
1 tons chevy axles
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
redbull



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Posts: 664
Location: Land of Opportunity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlerunner wrote:
I also had a moment a few weeks back where i pulled out of costco parking lot onto fleet street in 4x4 and punched it a little too hard. TIres spun, The turbos kicked into 30+psi and the ass end went out and i was sideways down the road for half a block back and forth before things got all straightened out. Surprised the hell out of me and scared the shit out of the guys coming down the street towards me.


Frikken THRILLCRAFT!
_________________
1991 Mistubishi Pajero TDI JDM RHD 4X4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
littlerunner
Financial contributor


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 2441
Location: Regina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbull wrote:
littlerunner wrote:
I also had a moment a few weeks back where i pulled out of costco parking lot onto fleet street in 4x4 and punched it a little too hard. TIres spun, The turbos kicked into 30+psi and the ass end went out and i was sideways down the road for half a block back and forth before things got all straightened out. Surprised the hell out of me and scared the shit out of the guys coming down the street towards me.


Frikken THRILLCRAFT!


but it was icy out Sad and to be honest, i am still trying to get use to the boost and power these new diesels have. Its insane!!!
_________________
91 SAS 4Runner BRIGHT BLUE
3" Body, 9" suspension lift
1 tons chevy axles
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Live2Crawl



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 283
Location: Estevan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlerunner wrote:
redbull wrote:
littlerunner wrote:
I also had a moment a few weeks back where i pulled out of costco parking lot onto fleet street in 4x4 and punched it a little too hard. TIres spun, The turbos kicked into 30+psi and the ass end went out and i was sideways down the road for half a block back and forth before things got all straightened out. Surprised the hell out of me and scared the shit out of the guys coming down the street towards me.


Frikken THRILLCRAFT!


but it was icy out Sad and to be honest, i am still trying to get use to the boost and power these new diesels have. Its insane!!!


Correction.... its perfectly sain!! you need to come for a ride in iron hide 2 lol................
_________________
BTC95 Wrote
QUOTE : Very true, its just too bad your views are stupid and wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Live2Crawl



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 283
Location: Estevan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The truck is finished, just about 20,000km on her. Running awsome havnt lost a race to another diesel yet. Not a single problem with the Ford!!!!!! that was the fault of the truck anyway.... Was up to Stoon for easter... alot of questions on fuel milage of this bad boy here is how it sits...

So here it is the final numbers.... Truck loaded with 5 people and box packed to the top.

Average speed Traveling north to stoon 115.7km per hour 28.77 MPG
Average Speed Traveling South To Estevan 120.5km per hour 26.58 MPG

Not bad for a 9XXX pound truck running low 14's in 1/4mile...........
_________________
BTC95 Wrote
QUOTE : Very true, its just too bad your views are stupid and wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP