Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cruiser night

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: cruiser night Reply with quote

so did anyone else go out to 8th on cruise night?? myself and Lori, Paddles and his wife and Ian and his wife all went out for a bit of a cruise... i had a really good time just getting out and enjoying some old iron again. there were a lot of really nice cars out there too..
the cops were there as well but i think for the most part were kind of hanging back.. i think if you were going out to cause a big scene there would be a chance that you could get a ticket but we didnt have a problem and there marked and unmarked cars all around us driving up and down 8th.. i think for once they used their heads and decided to go for people that were the "real" problem.. actually, on that note, it was actually quite tame out there yesterday evening.. not a lot of tire chirping, racing or anything.... towards the end of the night it got a little more rowdy but for the most part i think people were pretty content with just cruising.. it was super busy though.. i dont think i have ever seen this many people out on 8th before..

it was awesome getting two fj40s out on 8th yesterday!! we were the only signs of classic toyota iron driving around and we got tons of looks and plenty of cheers.. i just wish i had Rank out there as well but two out of 3 isnt bad at all..

anyways, here are a few pics.. just some comparison pics before we hit 8th but only a couple of ian and wife driving..

as for comparisons, Bills truck on the left is sprung over sitting on 35 inch tires and Ians truck is also sprung over sitting on 39 inch tsl's.. it was sure fun hearing that big 350 in Ians truck bark!! VROOOOOOM!!! Very Happy

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
ZukiKev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out for a bit. I drove by and saw Ian's FJ at the bank there but couldn't stop. Later I visited some friends by East Side Marios and the Wholesale parking lot. While leaving the Wholesale lot, a traffic enforcement (marked car) officer told me I appear to be missing some equipment.. He didn't pull me over, just pulled up next to me. I asked him if I should go home and he said yes. Embarassed
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Ian in ages. Must be about 10 years since I lived next door to him for a summer. His FJ was green at that time. Glad to see he still has it. Looks great!!!
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Nodge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also remember the giant ass green cruiser from back in the day.
My friend had a bright orange FJ40 with an aluminum tub that we used to cruise in all the time.
Ian's made his on 35's and sprung over look small.
I think my friend sold his to somebody in Regina about 8 years ago....
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would that be trevor morgan you are talking about?? i bought my first cruiser from his dad years and years ago.. and yes, that truck does live in regina now..

Nodge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, thats him!
We put many many miles on that cruiser.
Funny story, we took it up camping when he was 16, and he didn't know where to put gas in it. lol.
I havent seen Trevor in years.
I think Kirby still has an aluminum Cruiser truck cab under his deck in the back yard. Cool
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor went away for school.. i still talk to Kirby every once in a while and sometimes i him at ruckers with his family for breaky.. indeed a nice guy..
all the aluminum stuff is gone.. it sold to an outfitter in northern alberta.. i should have bought it from him when all that stuff was relatively cheap..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: