Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have ATV prices tanked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tires

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Have ATV prices tanked? Reply with quote

Maybe I just got ripped off.

Purchased my 08 Artic Cat 500, Camo, 4x4, yada yada, new from Pro-line last october, it's got just over 200km's. I paid just over $10k with taxes(including all the acc.).

I went to put it up on Kijiji, Asked 8900, hoped for somewhere around 8500... It was to come with heated hand/thumb grips, full moose plow set-up, 2500lb winch, and second seat/storage. (I think theres more I'm missing)

I threw it up on the front page, I got no intrest. One offer by a nice chap letting me know it was only worth $5500, and he'd offer me $4500. Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's just a bad time... Not that I mind, I love the quad, but I could use a tractor more then a quad for the time being.

Anyways, so have things tanked with all the cheap quads coming up from the US or did I just pay to much off the hop? I thought I did ok, as it was an 08 left over, and all the other comparable quads started at 12,000 with no extras. Just curious.
TALLTACO
C-Train

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kijiji is just full of low ballers who put in stupid low offers without even seeing your product first. find out if there is any dealers selling a used one your year and go from thier price as to what yours is worth. never sell to low just cuase someone says its not worth what your asking.

Colin S.
Tires

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't worried about selling it to low, worst case senario is I keep it - Which I wouldn't mind anyways.

The lowball didn't really surprise me, but not getting one bit of interest other then that did get the wheels turning.
damcgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Quad Reply with quote

I think the thing is that Quad season is pretty much over. They sell way better in the spring.
Snowmobiles are starting to heat up now and get more active...
06 F150 fx4 4x4
03 Skidoo rev mxz 800 renegade
12 Can am Renegade 1000
younggun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re post it wednesday night or thursday morning.
people are always looking to buy shit on payday, most others are tire kickers.
thats my experience with kijiji anyways
Tires

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Younggun.

Thought about the season prior to posting, but people like snow-pushing quads for the winter, usually. Who knows!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: