Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro Truck Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Pro Truck Build Reply with quote

Hey guys I thought I would share a bit of a build for the 2011 racing season at Auto Clearing Motor Speedway, I picked this thing up to race this year. The pro truck class started in 2006 and is growing like crazy, i'll be racing against 15+ other trucks.

Here is the story, it came from Vegas at the beginning of last year. The owner in Saskatoon here planned on replacing his old truck with this one. Then one night he lent his old truck to someone to race and they both got in a wreck...with each other. The truck I bought is the one that did the initial spin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNOeIfv5hDM

The pro truck is a gm g-body metric chassis, with a fiberglass truck body.
Gm circle track crate motor running 330 ish horsepower with the dinky 500cfm 2 barrel carb they make us run. Here are some pictures of the rebuild. The truck needs a new rear clip and the body mounted back on it and some tweaks to the suspension setup.
Here is what its gonna look like this year with Speedtech on board as the main sponsor.

Heres the truck right now should have a full rolling chassis by the end of the weekend, check out the new lights too (best tool in the garage)

mmmm lights

If guys are interested this summer I really want to get a display together at one of the races to show off Toon Toys, It would be great to get everybodys rigs on the concourse level and promote and show off the club, the fans would eat that up. At intermission we could get the trucks cruising around the track a little bit to (not at 100mph Booker and Jake Laughing )

If you interested in getting your name on my truck for advertising/sponsorship send me a pm. There still lots of space left on the truck and I can make a lot of difference prices and decal size work for you and your business. I am going to be promoting this truck like crazy this year all over the community, for a big show at a roughrider game, draggins, Canada day etc., and obviously at races. If you know someone that may be interested let them know!
Nodge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the wheel base on one of those bastards!?
Looks like it would fit in a long box pick up, without the body! Laughing
benji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodge wrote:
What's the wheel base on one of those bastards!?
Looks like it would fit in a long box pick up, without the body! Laughing

Its 108" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: