Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spam callers..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: spam callers.. Reply with quote

i thought the internet was bad...

here is how a phone call played out between me and "Sanjey"....

so "Sanjey" from the Microsoft internet computer company called me today.. although he didnt have any of my info or my name he was concerned that my "microsoft computer internet" may have been hacked and that all of my bank info was at risk!! OMG!! I thought.. being that this concerned me, i thought i should listen to what "Sanjey" had to say and how he could help me.. first step was to access my online bank info and see what my current balance was.. so I told him that all 170000 bucks was still there (i wish) and that i dont think anything was missing but i wasnt sure.. well, step two was to log onto a website that he was going to send me via email but he needed my email.. so i gave him a bullshit email addy.. he tries it several times and says that it doesnt work.. I then tell him that someone also must have hacked my email and thats why it doesnt work.. i can hear him thinking in the background at this point and he asks to p...ut me on hold.. (up to this point i have kept him on the phone for over 6 minutes..) he then comes back on and says that the only way to get this serious security issue resolved is to give him just my american express info ( i dont have american express....) so i then gave him a series of numbers and waited for the response......... at this point he starts to get really rude with me..so rude that it is borderline threatening.. i come back with, "oh, is this for a PC computer.. i have a Mac.." so the guy gets even more frustrated with me and at this point i cut him off, call him a bunch of very rude things and then say nothing.. he freaks the fuck out on the phone and then gets quiet.. my final response to him after over 10 minutes of keeping him on the phone while doing it in a super creepy whisper was "this call has been traced....... we are watching you....." they hung the phone up before i had a chance to finsih my last word.. i figure if they are going to call and waste my time then i was going to make the best of it and see how much time i could waste of theirs.. I fucking hate Sanjey but i enjoy wasting his time..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, is it just me or does anyone else get another call almost every other day with a recorded message asking about if i am elderly and am woried about my current financial situation??? i seem to be getting this one a lot over the last week or so..

Rusty Runner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we get on our home phone is spammers. It will come to the point when people will cancel there home service because of it.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Runner wrote:
All we get on our home phone is spammers. It will come to the point when people will cancel there home service because of it.

I know lots of people who get the same crap on their cells as well though..

Rusty Runner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do get it on the Cells but not 1-5 a day. Maybe 1 a week.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even one a week on a cell would piss me off.. that would make a total of 3 calls that i would get in a week then.. one from Brad, one from my wife wondering what she should pick up for supper and then "senjay" the telemarketer.. good thing i cant afford a cell phone.. Laughing

the Dude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we changed Jen's cell over to our home number.... She gets min a call a day

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Conrad_Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that get through our blocked caller list get put on speaker and given it to my 18 month old. She LOVES talking on the phone and with it being on speaker we usually hear the operator just laughing when our girl is trying to talk to them. My wife and I are usually just trying to hold in our laughter in the background. We don't get too many telemarketing calls, but we try to make the best of it since it'll never go away.

What only makes my wife or I furious though is when they call when the little one is taking her nap.

fj-rankenstein, I think we're the two people in this province who don't have a cell phone...
1982 Turbo Starlet Solo 2 car
CW Fab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad_Turbo wrote:

fj-rankenstein, I think we're the two people in this province who don't have a cell phone...

That would be a fair assessment. Laughing

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Randy Pausch
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CW Fab wrote:
Conrad_Turbo wrote:

That would be a fair assessment. Laughing

Laughing

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad_Turbo wrote:
The ones that get through our blocked caller list get put on speaker and given it to my 18 month old. She LOVES talking on the phone and with it being on speaker we usually hear the operator just laughing when our girl is trying to talk to them. My wife and I are usually just trying to hold in our laughter in the background. We don't get too many telemarketing calls, but we try to make the best of it since it'll never go away.

What only makes my wife or I furious though is when they call when the little one is taking her nap.

this is also great.. i would find it hard not to laugh while seeing and hearing this..

I need to record some of my conversations with people like "senjay" and put them on youtube or something..

Conrad_Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best telemarketing joke I played was a long time ago when someone called offering me a DVD to promote what they were selling. I acted so excited and kept talking with them on and on as if I was getting a DVD player. Then near the end of the conversation I acted surprised that they were only going to send me a DVD. After that I told them I didn't have a DVD player and didn't have a way to play their DVD. Laughing

My wife was in another room on the other phone listening because I knew I couldn't keep my laughter in while talking with the guy if she was in the same room with me.

Panasonic phones from Costco are nice that you can block calls, but they only hold up to 50 #'s...so after 6 months or so I go through and purge them and begin re-adding numbers.
1982 Turbo Starlet Solo 2 car
redbull

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J, you need to fire up the old Arnold sound board again for your spam calls!

Twisted Evil http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/arnold Twisted Evil

I get maybe 3 spam calls a year on my cell already up to 2 though, so I'll have to see if this holds. On Android phones, you just add the caller to the ignore list. Easy.

We killed the landline years ago and my wife and I each have a cell, but now that my daughter is getting older, I'm worried about her not knowing how to use a phone! Don't want her to have a cell yet. So, I've got a Google Voice number now and an Obi100 to go with it. Almost as good as a landline, and it was $30 for the unit and free service with Google Voice.
varty yo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 3 nights around 2 A.M ive gotten spam calls juat a beeping sound over and over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: