Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes om617 swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
double-d

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Mercedes om617 swap Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting swap. Mostly trucks and 4runners but there are a few land cruisers too. Looks like a few kits are out there. Anyone gonna try it? I'm thinking of it but I have to finish my 3.4 swap first. Maybe a sas 2nd gen 4runner, we'll see .........
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think 4x4labs was one of the first companies that put a full kit together for this in the landcruisers... it would be a nice super easy engine to work on.. parts are supposed to be expensive though and some things are getting harder to find.. (thats what the internet told me from all the swaps that had this engine. Very Happy )

i think people like it a lot in the states because its an obtainable option to put a diesel in a landcruiser sinse toyota never brought diesels into the states..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
Douglas S.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're awesome motors, not enough power for a heavy cruiser but would be good for 40-series and other lighter Toyota trucks.

The motors seem to last almost forever.
double-d

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found one for sale. Looks like it would be a fun swap. Isn't a powerhouse but you could do some easy pump mods for free/cheap and I read that redline is 5100rpm.
There is a few guys in Finland I think that have 500hp out of them and are using them for drifting, looks cool.
I'm still tossing the idea in my head but how many trucks do I need??? Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: