Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1979-1984 Toyota 4x4 truck steering box wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicholls77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: 1979-1984 Toyota 4x4 truck steering box wanted Reply with quote

Anyone out there have a 79 to 84 4x4 power steering box they are trying to get rid of. I am on the hunt for a good used one and perhaps the hoses too. Let me know. Thanks.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1979-1984 Toyota 4x4 truck steering box wanted Reply with quote

Nicholls77 wrote:
Anyone out there have a 79 to 84 4x4 power steering box they are trying to get rid of. I am on the hunt for a good used one and perhaps the hoses too. Let me know. Thanks.

i actually think I might have some if not all of what you need.. give me a few days and i can have a look when i get back.. i will have to look in the back corner of the garage..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
Nicholls77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good fj. Look forward to hearing back from you.
ZukiKev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I was going to send you if my other friend doesn't have one Curt! This FJ-rank fellow is the Toyota parts god in these parts.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh please.. i am blushing.. lol.. Laughing

i just got back in town.. i will know tomorrow morning.. i know i have one on my landcruiser that i would get rid of but i think i also have another spare box kicking around.. i shold have most of what you are looking for.. i gotta search way back into my old stock..

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far I have struck out.. all i have found so far is the pump, engine brackets and 3rd pulley.. i am going to my parents house this afternoon and i can have a look in the garage there.. i could have sworn i still had a minitruck powersteering box.

just to confirm, we are talking about the "push/pull" style box system with the relay rod going to the front..???

TROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have altleast 2... and they are only 250 kms from saskatoon

The next time you go to a farmer's door asking permission to cross his land, all that he is going to remember is that idiot in the JEEP

BTC95 wrote:

And this has been another Useless post brought to you by Troy.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i found 2.5 complete pump assemblies and no box.. i asked my dad to look in the other place that might have something and he couldnt find anything in the toyota pile.. i am sure i have one but dont know where else to look..

what the heck are these things even worth now adays??

jake may have a well preserved one like he said.. if he has two i might even be interested in one as well.. that way i can put together a complete power steering system for something someday..

Nicholls77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking fj. My hunt will continue.
ZukiKev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't got my friend to look on his parts trailer. I keep forgetting to remind him during daylight hours.
Nicholls77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kev,

Let me know what he finds.

Troy,

If you make it back down to where your parts are stored. Bring back your steering boxes and supply and return hose if you have them.

The one I am looking for should look like this:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?sa=X&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4MXGB_enCA571CA572&biw=1366&bih=612&tbm=isch&tbnid=WZfpPDJh2gdZzM%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FPOWER-STEERING-GEARBOX-GEAR-BOX-FOR-TOYOTA-4X4-PICKUP-TRUCK-4RUNNER-%2F290654125450&docid=fQH2vTczKLGVPM&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F00%2Fs%2FNzAwWDcwMA%253D%253D%2F%2524(KGrHqZ%2C!hwE7DNDOuPlBPBOtmRL2Q~~60_35.JPG&w=300&h=300&ei=XJv3Uo6uLtTioASJuYGYCA&zoom=1&ved=0CFMQhBwwAA&iact=rc&dur=4237&page=1&start=0&ndsp=17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: