Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

project Rankenstein! like a boss.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and todays tidbit of info.....

if you are in need of a clutch disc aligning tool for a diesel landcruiser, it turns out that the aligning tool for the 3 and 3.4 litre toyota equipped trucks have the same size and spline count input shaft as the old landcruisers...

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I thought you just had a Tequilla problem that went hand in hand with your 4wd....
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for reference

http://www.gearinstalls.com/daryl.htm

http://www.gearinstalls.com/jayallen.htm

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the truck is almost ready to come back into the garage for a few minor changes before the wheeling season begins.. I have a whole shit ton of pics from last year and all the little disasters that went into last years trip to the Rubicon.. I will update this sooner than later...

this years mods include a few tweaks to the roll cage.. I am going to add a few mounts for lights and speakers.. nothing too big..

the next thing is to change the motor mounts and tranny mounts back to the original stock toyota rubber ones again.. the upgraded poly urethane ones make this truck vibrate horrible and because of that everything is shaking loose!! I have had everything from brake lines fail from vibrations to most of the tranny tunnel bolts vibrate loose and fall out.. it been quite annoying and i havent been driving the truck to much this year because of it.. its only being driven maybe once a week to keep the cobwebs off..

so next week i will be ordering the landcruiser motor mounts again and cutting the mounts that i installed back out..

also for a bit of reading and if anyones curious.. I wanted to see if there was any difference between any of the oem toyota transfer case mounts... turns out there is.. the newer 2nd/3rd gen 4 cylinder transfer case mounts are actually a lot wider and have more rubber on them so they should be a stronger mount.. plus, my drivetrain is heavy so it these are indeed better than i will get them.. I see that rock auto also sells them too...
here is a link to where the differences are..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/112763-t-case-mounts-tech-tid-bit.html

other than that, i have some rock lights to put on.. I am going to go with some led 3 inch pods all around in floods... we are going to be doing some night time wheeling this year so i dont want to be caught out in the dark..

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got some stuff ordered up yesterday.. I ended up getting some factory motor mounts and that tranny mount as well from a guy who sells things on Ih8mud.. all of his prices were very much in the ballpark of the pricing I used to get when i bought parts through 1st toyota.com.. parts should be here within a few weeks..

here is the link to get ahold of Onur...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/getting-to-beno-for-oem-toyota-parts-support.854421/

next week is the big tear down.. well, small tear down really.. I am used to saying "the big tear down" every time i get into this truck and then its down for 5 months while i work like crazy to get impossible things done for the next big event.. well, not this time.. its motor mounts, swap my tranny mount and put on some rock lights.. should hopefully be a quick turn around.. truck goes into the garage next week so i can have everything apart and ready for the new parts.. its nice to be at a point where i am almost done working on the truck and i can spend more time wheeling than fixing..

varty yo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without clicking the link im gonna guess you talked to Beno!

Great guy to deal with. Ive ordered from him before
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, he seems like a really nice person.. very easy to deal with and i love the fact that not only will he look up parts for you that are the regular common stuff but he will also try to source the harder to find stuff as well..

I was going to go with cruiser outfitters but after getting prices back from beno I just went with him.. even with the dollar being shit right now the pricing was just awesome..

i just cant wait to have a cruiser that doesnt shake out my tooth fillings every time i go to drive it..

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do people buy their led lights from now adays?? it seems that eveyones stuff is pretty much the same as far as the cheap generic stuff goes..

I was going to try Kodiak lighting in regina.. the guy seems like he is a nice guy to deal with and i have talked to him a bit now..

all i am after is just some of those 3inch square lights in a flood version and maybe a couple flush mount for the front of my arb bumper.. i dunno..

i also came across these guys... they seem to be doing some neat stuff...

http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/18W-Bolt-Rock-Lights_p_27.html

varty yo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be honest about LEd's they all come from the same factory in China. Even rigids are made there. For awhile i was selling light bars etc. Then the market became too saturated so i said it was worth the few bucks id make of each one. A good friend of mine is a big player in the LED game in Edm for a few years now. He has been t ochina twice to the factory. You really cant go wrong with any LED's. Id never spend big dollars again on lights. Cheapies are just as good.
slacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I agree ...
redbull

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these for my bumper:

Bought them from DX.com. They were a bit cheaper when I got them becuse the dollar was higher. This link is for a pair: Link to DX They work as good as any flood/work driving light. Housing is all metal.

Basically the same as these from myLED.com: Link to myLED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: