Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project SAMMI!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Project SAMMI!!!!! Reply with quote

Well new project Sammi is now beginning. Bought a nice 1986 and going to do a spring over and a body lift. Looking to clear 31's or more. Stock driveline with a few mods, roof rack, cut out flares (won off ebay already)custom bumpers with receiver winch. driving as I am building so some things will take time and others won't.....Before pics.

Could have had a better name so a change may be made in the future......hehehehe
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No extreme news yet but I did an engine flush today, rad flush as well. Set the carb and timing since it was wacked. All steering components were tight, nice surprise there. Took off the underslung tow hitch and spare tire mount. Shampooed the motor as well.
Did you guys know that certain engine degreasers are flammable????? I do now, a few more grey hairs after that one.......Sorry no pics of that. Rolling Eyes Got the new perches for the SPOA swap as well tonight. Won't start that this weekedn though, maybe next weekend Wink
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today I did the vacum lines as they werte mostly wrong and cracked, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, retimed it, the secondaries now open, another oil change as well. She has far more power than before and idles real smoothly. Well since the basics are covered I am changing the diff, t case, trans oils tomorrow and swapping on some free 235's to drive on till the rest of my lift parts and steering arm show up.
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't wait so the 235's are on tonight. No rubbing while city driving but the bumper supports come off tomorrow. This weekend is front bumper time!!!!!!!! Need to find out what nad where I can get some gears to swap in and how much. I get paid next weekend not this weekend so I woule like to swap the gears and install a locker.
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front bumper is off and new one being sized up

Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoa was done today but the camera is out with the wife so no pic till tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe 32 or 33 inch tires now since I have a 2 inch body to still put in. No drop steering arm today in the mail.............
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the brake line mounts, rebent the tubing GENTLY and moved them outward to make up for the lift, pressure bled the entire brake system and adjusted the rears. Shock mounts get fabbed tomorrow....
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the pic.......
redbull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fast evolution you got going here. Nice.
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I just found a set of tires as well for it. the have discountinued the 32x11.5x15 BFG AT's so I got set of them for cost. I just need to find some rims now. Wink
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steering arm and driveshaft spacers have been found in transit and still on the way so I fabbed up some front shock mounts and installed them. I will get a little more inventive with the rears tomorrow if I have time as I want to slope the shocks inward a bit more to add the the flex without drastically affecting the stability on road.
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear shock mounts were finished today and a good ole test drive was undertaken. Rides nice and soft with the 235's but I am only running 20 psi. Rear shocks are stock with custom mounts to allow for the extra travel, fronts are full sized ford shocks with lowered mounts. Full flex without topping the front or rear shocks. Now I need the steering link and driveshaft spacers so I can go bag it and install the 30x9.50's!!!!!!!!!!
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driveshaft spacers, dropped steering arm, new tie rod were all installed today. I am glad to have my full range of steering back. Rides and steers awesome compared to stock. Just have to spool the rearend and I am ready for the weekends off roading adventure. Pics of truck and shock mounts tomorrow.
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: hfdxhdfhd Reply with quote

Good job on the build Drew! It's looking really nice.
Quote: That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.
Drewz
wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man. I can't find the camera adapter so I can download the most recent pics. It will pop up soon.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: