Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALL YOUR X10DATOY ARE BELONG TO US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of my parts have been rolling in for this thing now.. i ended up getting a pile of brand new bearings for the main tcase and both crawl boxes from both Georg from Valley Hybrids and Marlin Crawler.. i started final cleaning and the re-assembly of the cases last night.. i am still waiting for a couple of bearings but will hopefully have them early next week.. this should make every bearing in my soon to be built tripple cases new.. i normally would have just been happy with good used bearings but none of the bearings in the 2.5 cases that i tore apart were woth using..

i ended up selling a bunch of spare parts and perhaps i will have two elockers leaving my garage in the next week as well which is exciting and frees up a lot of cash.. i have more than enough interest to be able to also get rid of my old marlin MC07 adapters and i sold one today so i ended up buying the newest Marlin MC07 XD tcase adapter from Big country customs.. this is the final piece f the puzzle for my tripple cases.. it will be here next week..

oh yeah, i also got my last Marlin order in record time and it was all correct.. i got the newest short throw shifter in my hands for the 3 litre v6 tranny and its quite nice...

and finally...... my coilovers showed up today from evolution machining..... i get my hydraulic bumps in a few weeks but i was excited to see the coilovers.. the radflo's are pretty nice overall.. fully adjustable and tunable.. i think i got one set of wrong coils though.. i will call tomorrow and see whats up.. other than that, most of my parts are here..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
benji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good JP! I'm lovin that short throw shifter, I might have to pick one up.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got some big updates here shortly.. mostly to do with tripple cases, my emf order and otehr fun stuff...

I am playing around with the idea of trying to get a diamond rear diff built using the minitruck 8 inch 3rd and making it a full floater using 80 series outer ends and making it match the front instead of running 2 inch wheel spacers...
this would allow me to use all the 80 series rear disc stuff, have it be a full floater and have my ebrake back at the diff again instead of crowding up space under the cab with the allpro driveline ebrake..

it should be able to be done.. i was thinking about what i would use for axle shafts and forgot that nitro gear offers "cut to length" full floater shafts.. i just wasnt sure if they could be cut proper to work.. if i used to long side cut to length 80 series axles it would totally work..

80 series shafts measure 28.9" and 36 1/4" long... this comes out to the 63" wms that a rear 80 series diff is. total combined length of the shafts is 66 1/4" ... the mini truck rear diff has a centered 3rd member so lets cut that combined length in half.. this is 33 1/8" for each shaft.

now i would need 62"wms to match my front diff in Extend-a-toy.. so lets take an inch off... it will then be 32 1/8"...
another thought.. should i bother making the rear diff half an inch narrower than the front?? probably.. everything else is like that so i should probably do the same..

by using nitros cut to length axles it will allow me to achieve this..

here is the link to the cut to length axles..

http://www.justdifferentials.com/AXTFF30-L-p/axtff30-l.htm

now i gotta come up with about 1600 bucks and a way to go get this stuff.. oh, and the 3 month wait that will end up happening when getting a custom diff made at Diamond/ Front range..

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i have a little better update now.. i got my crawl boxes almost done..

the rundown on the new drivetrain is.....

-Marlin Crawler competition 4.7 gear set in the rear case..
-Marlin Crawler 30 spline upgraded front and rear t-case outputs..
-Marlin crawler 23 spline input..
-All new bearings in all three cases..
-glass bead blasted cases..
-2.28 crawl ratios for the two front crawl boxes..

with my v6 tranny and 4.88 dif gears this puts me at almost 500:1 crawl ratio..

my coil overs are coming next week and emf says that my order should be done as well..

here are a few pics..

new front 30 spline 4wd output along with 23 spline input..

new 30 spline rear output..

completely rebuilt crawl boxes.. X 2

front view of tripple cases

rear view of tripple cases..

Nodge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one! Errr...a... I mean three!
the Dude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty sweet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
TROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta say i dont miss having 4.7 in the rear case. i wheel 99% of the time in single low and having to use the front case to do so put lots of unnecessary stress on the t-case.

then again i know you wont be doing what i do so, you will be fine

The next time you go to a farmer's door asking permission to cross his land, all that he is going to remember is that idiot in the JEEP

BTC95 wrote:

And this has been another Useless post brought to you by Troy.
benji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb work JP. X10datoy is already very unique...this adds a little more. Even if you don't need that low of gearing its totally rad Cool .
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the nice thing about having doubles or tripples, either of the first two cases will give me my 2.28 if needed so i dont have to resort to using the 4.7 gears if i want to still have a 4 high position in a sense..

in other breaking news my order from emf is going to be here tomorrow.. my bumps dont come till early next week but pretty much everything else should be here...

i also got more done on the front diamond axle.. I got the knuckle balls cut clean again so i can turn them to the proper caster that i will need for this truck.. i also got the rest of the elocker mounting stud holes drilled and studs installed..

specs are as follows...

-diamond diff with 62"wms
-8 inch high pinion elocker with 4.88 gears
-original bobby long longfields and inners with hub gears
-Marlin crawler axle seals
-Marlin crawler elocker guard.
-Marlin crawler heavy duty axle seals
-Marlin crawler 25mm upper and lower trunion pin upgrade
-Trailgear 6 shooter knuckles
-Trailgear knuckle wiper seals
-4x4 labs high steer with gm tie rod ends.
-v6 brake calipers and vented rotors

yes, this turd is completely polished.. Laughing

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the drill bits that i got extended to fit all the way down the hole in the elocker housing..

all the studs in.. when you use the 3rd member for a template and drill guide they sure go in straight...

3rd member mounted, knuckle balls clearanced for the bigger longfields and coming together..

the elocker motor guard.. i am actually kind of impressed with the piece from Marlincrawler.. it was a perfect fit..

ahhhh, only the best.. RIP Bobby long.. oh, a little tidbit for you.. the new longfields that you can buy at trailgear are not longs anymore.. trailear is now producing the inner stars from something other than 300M material and there have been other changes as well... really, the longfield name is just a marketing name now.. if you are after the real deal still, go with RCV.. they are the company that built the longfields to Bobby longs spec and are still making the exact same birf but obviouly arent called longfields anymore.. they even scribe the fairwell phrase "C'Ya Mister" (as what was said at his funeral) on all rcv birfs and inners as a tip off and sign of respect to show that when you are buying the RCV birfs you are actually buying the original longfield designed birfs..

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

so i got my order from EMF rod ends today.. they are beautiful and well worth the money.. although it is a little depressing to see a couple of boxes that are in total 81 pounds and there really isnt much in there.. hands down these put all the other rod ends in the market to shame.. like absolutely no comparison at all...
i dont have my hydraulic bumps yet but they are coming next week..

so the heims are gonna go like this.. i bought the big ones for the lower links.. the second biggest are going to be for the upper links and the smallest heim is going to be for the panhard..
sinse most people seem to take pics of their new stuff with a can of beer beside them i thought i would take mine with my favorite beer sinse i dont drink.. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, rootbeer..

and these are the bushings i bought for the other end of the links..

Last edited by fj-rankenstein on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
rustythe4x4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is going to be killer when its done!

Better than a plugged nozzle, working it out can be a pain in the ass
redbull

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 2025 is going to be a great year!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok ok..... its been long enough.. time to get this thing done... although i think i said this same thing like 4 other times in the last 10 years during this thread... this time i mean it though!! Evil or Very Mad

this thread is proof that when you take way to long to build a truck you end up changing your mind 16 times along the way with what you want to get out of it..

i start back on the truck officially tomorrow though... first order of business is to get that truck at least 4 inches lower... the goal is to be on 37 inch tires and still get out of my 7 foot garage door.. i will not settle for any higher.. its already a pain in the ass to get the cruiser in and out of the garage.. i have to pull two wheels off and drive it in on rims every time i need to get it into the garage to work on it.. i dont want two trucks to have to do this to..

how this is going to get done is first by dropping the body almost two inches closer to the frame.. when i was building this truck i thought it would be awesome to have a built in two inch body lift so working on it would be way easier.. well, fuck that idea in the face.. i am dropping it back to the frame.. i am going to leave about a 1/4- 1/2 inch between the can and the frame this time... next will be the suspension... as everyone knows, i have been collecting parts for a while now to do a 3 link in the front of the truck.. i think i should be able to drop the truck another 2 or so inches up front now that i have got rid of the springs..

that should be about it for now... i will have pics soon...

fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so here is the start of some good stuff.. i have been talking to Brian from Front range/diamond axle and got my diff cut up to send Brian what he needs to make me a new full floating rear diff for Extend-a-toy..

here is what a 80 series Landcruiser diff looks like waiting to be cut up..

and getting stripped down....

and now cut up

poor poor 80 series diff.. diff ends and all brackets are farmed off of it.. i sure am glad I grabbed two of these things when i was in the states last year.. i should have grabbed a third...

and the ends that i am sending to Diamond axle to make me my new full floater diff.. i will be buying the Nitro axle "cut to length" full floater axle shaft for this thing... in the end i will have a full floater diff with an 8 inch center that is an e-locker with 4.88 gears.. what also nice is that i now will share all the same brake components as project Rankenstein and its 80 series diff..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: