Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

muddin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raboyto2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went out this afternoon with a friend. It was pretty fun, but we need to find some GOOD trails or paths to go on.

Heres what she looked like after today.

RorysRunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, looks like you had some fun. We really gotta get a good run going here. Anybody know of some good "legal" spots, or own some swamp land?
y2k-onyx-ss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i have seen some really muddy trucks lately

cant wait to go get dirty.

Last edited by y2k-onyx-ss on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
regyota

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am goin to go out tomorrow and try to find some good spots for sat, i just got my body lift on and my new mudders
regyota

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went out to the sand pits today, found a good challenge out their but didn't try it cause i was the only vehicle, but was going thru some deep snow and broke my front axle so i am hoping to have a new one in for sat. have we decided where to meet?
RorysRunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind going east or south of the city jsut because I live in white city, but I am not too sure what is out there. Could probably find some good muddy roads. I am really up for anythign though, jsut throwing out suggestions. Hopefully I'll have some 31's on by then. Confused
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for a run out to the Pits on Saturday. They are west of town.
We can go there and have no worries about being somewhere we should not, or pissing off a land owner.
I do not know of any areas east of the city that we would not need to get permisson to wheel on and that offeres as much varied terrain and challanges as we would find out at the pits.

One thing that myself or any other responsible 4x4 owner will not do is, just drive out into the country and randomly and indiscriminatly start trying to drive though random fields and sloughs that seem like they would be fun. If you are going to be off road you should be sure that you are somewhere where you are sure you are ok to be or have permission from the land owner. The guys that tear up farmers field are the ones that give us all a bad name.

It is in good shape but as i said...it doesn't work.
RorysRunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, and being in a family of farmers I know first hand the damage that can be done, and the extra work that seemingly innocent fun can cause. I would possibly be up for a drive out to the pits also. Who owns that land? is crown land?
wildcrazy1970

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: had some fun also Reply with quote

went out out for a bit on sat also blew my front axle driver side. will have new diff in buy sat 29th. ill post a short video. if watch real close you will see no front wheels spinning was just in two wheel drive. also have a bad plug to sounds kinda rough. dont know how to post pic sorry
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have spoken to the owners of the pits before and gotten verbal permission to use the area at our own risk.

littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTC95 wrote:
We have spoken to the owners of the pits before and gotten verbal permission to use the area at our own risk.

Correct!!!!

ASL owns the east (large) pit and the smaller pit is an RM pit. ( as far as we know)

Don't drive on the fields surrounding the pits. The owner of the land around the large pit is a large man and does not take kindly to trespassers. (We have been down this road before and let off with a harsh warning.)

I was out at the pits 3 weeks ago snowmobiling. The small pit now has a burned up car and there is some other debris/garbage. The large pit has been cleaned up...or at least it looked like the debris/garbage was removed.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
RorysRunner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, looking forward to a run out there.
raboyto2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just out at the pits. It was fun, but some of the hills are just to steep for me and my "1 time of off-roading" worth of experience. And i dont want to risk rolling, damaging my truck.

Quick question guys. What is the story with insurance if your off-roading somewhere and you damage your vehicle. Im not talking broken axels, im talk rolling and big damage. Who does SGI treat stuff like that? Are you still insured or are you shit outta luck, have fun at your own risk kind of thing. Is there a difference if you are somewhere where you are aloud to be, and somewhere where you are not?
Clay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be insured as long as it was legal, meaning you weren't trespassing, drunk, or committing an offense like theft, vandalism, or break and entry at the time. In other words, you were wheeling responsibly at the time.
A more important consideration is if you were hurt or injured in the incident.

Another question is would it be worth it to file a claim? Most of the time it's not worth it to file a claim on damage obtained while wheeling.
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay wrote:
Another question is would it be worth it to file a claim? Most of the time it's not worth it to file a claim on damage obtained while wheeling.

TallTaco sure was happy his truck was insured when his IFS gave out on him I bet. And when Rusty rolled his runner I'm sure that he was happy that he was able to make a claim.

If you wrote of your truck there should be no issue making a claim, if on the other hand you tweak a fender, or scratch some paint, I doubt it would be worth while to go that route.

If you want to come out you really should, you only have to be as hard on your truck as you want, and I we won't let you flop it or anything like that. We leave the rolling of Surfs to the crazy yahoos from Estevan. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Regina Buzz All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: