Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Look what the Cat drug home....................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live2Crawl wrote:
ostacruiser wrote:
I have no trouble spinnin' the 28"s , IMO 28" Outlaw M/S/T's with a 1" lug height are the perfect size for a PoPo 500. That being said I sure would like to try a set of skinny 28" or 27" Outlaws, or a set of 28" Interco SwampLites. I wish tire manufacturers could send me some tires and I could try them and give a non bias review.....lol
I have ridden with a few KQ's and IMO they need a programmer to liven them up.

WEll im gonna have a set of 28 in msts maybe u can wear out for me lol. low miles ill sell em to yea!! I need a link to that mud pro with the 31si cannot find it on highlifter. I have been doing some reading im am thinking those 31 might be better than the silverbacks, they are alot lighter!!

Sounds great, I like to wear out O.P. tires.
Here is that link, not much info though but a great place to ask a few questions:
http://highlifter.com/forum/m_3028086/mpage_2/tm.htm
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what rim size are those stock tires. The old man has leaks in his super swampers and needs to start thinking about new rubber. I think 28" may be too big though.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlerunner wrote:
what rim size are those stock tires. The old man has leaks in his super swampers and needs to start thinking about new rubber. I think 28" may be too big though.

12" rims, what kind of bike does he own?
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ostacruiser wrote:
littlerunner wrote:

hmmm, 12" sounds about right. He has an older Yamaha BigBear 350. It is early 90's or late 80's. blue and 4wd all the time. I have a feeling they are 25" tires though.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlerunner wrote:
ostacruiser wrote:
littlerunner wrote:

hmmm, 12" sounds about right. He has an older Yamaha BigBear 350. It is early 90's or late 80's. blue and 4wd all the time. I have a feeling they are 25" tires though.

Yeah I think that year of BB came with 25" tires stock and IMO 28"s would be too much tire for that little beast without some serious engine mods.
Live2Crawl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Osta those 31 in highlifter outlaws you talked me into are bad news, blew diff lock last week, got it back today broke the front diff in half tonight........ bad news my friend... bad news
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live2Crawl wrote:
Well Osta those 31 in highlifter outlaws you talked me into are bad news, blew diff lock last week, got it back today broke the front diff in half tonight........ bad news my friend... bad news

LOL, should probably go with 29.5 Outlaws or 28" SilverBacks if your breaking that much stuff....any pictures? Pre and post destruction....lol
Live2Crawl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures.... huh dunno about pics but i got pre and post destruction bills..... lol ill post up some pics when i get home this weekend. Im in stoon atm.
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live2Crawl wrote:
pictures.... huh dunno about pics but i got pre and post destruction bills..... lol ill post up some pics when i get home this weekend. Im in stoon atm.

LOL Bills....waranty coverage? Are you planning a tire change then?
Live2Crawl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tire change... hell no, went to the machine shop and built new pieces that are alot stronger... 4140 instead of cast aluminum... And here is the test run.

Everthing held up awsome and I have orders to build 3 more,

Next build stage is Programmer, exhast, and nitrous!
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, nice. So what did you machine a front diff housing? We some how got to get a ride together this summer!!
Live2Crawl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the piece i built is the locker fork that slides over the collar gear to engage the diff lock, i broke it the first time and the second time it broke it fucked my housing so i got a new housing built the fork out 4140, there will be no bending or breaking anymore. also using a stronger spring to engage and disengage the diff lock, THis was a brand new system from cat this year as last year was a cable actived diff lock, this problems will prolly be adressed by cat and u will see changes simmilar to what i made from cat on next years machines to make the sytem work better.

Deffinatly, come down to the cabin and lets go ridding in the moose mountains. There is deadly ridding up there. We live at the cabin for the summer so anytime you canmake it let me know we ride with a group of 10-20 guys/bikes up there its a blast! ....

PS. this is cat country down here but ill put in a good word for you and u can prolly bring ur polaris lol.
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live2Crawl wrote:
No the piece i built is the locker fork that slides over the collar gear to engage the diff lock, i broke it the first time and the second time it broke it fucked my housing so i got a new housing built the fork out 4140, there will be no bending or breaking anymore. also using a stronger spring to engage and disengage the diff lock, THis was a brand new system from cat this year as last year was a cable actived diff lock, this problems will prolly be adressed by cat and u will see changes simmilar to what i made from cat on next years machines to make the sytem work better.

Deffinatly, come down to the cabin and lets go ridding in the moose mountains. There is deadly ridding up there. We live at the cabin for the summer so anytime you canmake it let me know we ride with a group of 10-20 guys/bikes up there its a blast! ....

PS. this is cat country down here but ill put in a good word for you and u can prolly bring ur polaris lol.

Sounds great Very Happy
Live2Crawl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may long is gonan be awesome... thats an official invite!! was at a wicked rally this weekend in wawota there was some serious flodding and the easy trail led to a incredably deep water lol needless to say alot of stock quads especially sport bike were flodded it was crazy watching these poeple drive in one after the other sinking machines over the handle bars...

there was a ton of quads towed out with busted everything..
ostacruiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ever get those 32"s mounted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: