Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project "The Dirty 30"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustythe4x4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a 205 transfer case!

Id talk to Joby (JR Design) about a lift - 2 inches is dissapointing - I put 2" on mine, and wish I had gone 4. I would have stayed under 30" at the bumpers with 4 and 35" tires as well.
I was once told to take the main leaf from the rear of a Dodge, cut the ears off it and lay it under the main leaf in the front to net 4". I never tried it...

If the box is in ok shape, you can lift it off, cut the front out of it and make an ultra small stock box. Ive seen it done to one that was done in stoon years ago (there is also one on Alaska 4x4, and one on Pirate).

to shorten the longbox frame, you dont even have to graft in the middle - just move your spring perches. You might even be able to find a drive shaft from a reg. cab truck and wont even have to build one or shorten yours!

Better than a plugged nozzle, working it out can be a pain in the ass
1982PrairiePounder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offroad Design is selling front lift kits 2",3" and 4" for $225. I was gonna put blocks out back, so the lift should be pretty cheap. I bought a few parts today, so hopefully I can have this motor out and my other motor in.
1982PrairiePounder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the motor apart a little today, only the top end because I dont have an engine stand. So far the motor looks good, light carbon build up and you can still see the cross hatching on the cylinder walls. I think this motor was rebuilt not to long ago because all the pistons have a 20 stamped on top. Also every gasket came off really nice, didnt have to peel any off so far. Even the cylinder heads look to be rebuilt, little carbon build up and both the intake and exhaust ports are very clean.

[img]

[/img]
1982PrairiePounder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally an update for y'all. I found a motor locally for cheap, it was out of a 90 1/2 ton and it runs super strong and finally got around to installing and working out the bugs. I also put on the headache rack. I'm planning on building a rear bumper soon plus a winch mount for the front.

[img]

[/img]
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better have your fun with that thing before oil hits a $100 a barel again.

It is in good shape but as i said...it doesn't work.
1982PrairiePounder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTC95 wrote:
You better have your fun with that thing before oil hits a $100 a barel again.

Ya, no kidding hey. I'm driving it to work everyday now, because my Sonoma is down and out Sad . If this truck had a 700R4 it would be way better on fuel, but hopefully I wont be driving it for too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Non Toyota Builds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: