Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my winter beater
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Dude wrote:
Terry wrote:

I have been averaging 18l/100 kms with my new winter toy, a 98 C/K ext cab 3500 with a 6.5 td

who let this guy back on the internet??

Shocked Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

They had to. I completed my court appointed sentence, and promised to never ever bother her again...........
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, sinse it got a bit cold and i was letting the truck warm up for a couple of minutes my fuel economy has gone down a bit... i am now averaging 425-475kms with 60 litres of fuel..

i have also decided to do my engine swap... the original 3litre is still running like it always has but i didnt want to take the chance and have it crap out in the middle of winter when i mostly need it.. i am in the process of putting a good 3litre engine in.. should be done within a few weeks in my spare time..

i am also doing a few other small improvements as well... i bought a dorky steering wheel cover and floor mats from can tire last week and it sure is nicer to hold the steering wheel... horrible to put on though..

i found out why my back end is sagging so badly.. i thought that the springs were just worn out but upon closer inspection it seems that i have broken coils on both sides.. looks like i will be needing coils sooner than later..

other than that, nothing else is new with the winter beater.. its fun to drive and i use it everyday for work.. i might put a 2 inch body lift into it to make it easier to work on and mabey get a set of 32 inch tires on... we will see..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post up a little linky on the motor swap please and keep note of things that a guy might miss or might make life easier a second time around. I probably will be having to do this down the road myself.

Also, when you do your spring swap make sure to remove the sway bar end links completely from the axle from both sides...everything will drop right out if you jack the frame up and let the axle drop without even needing a spring compression tool...even with 17" dodge coils. Stock ones are only 13" from what i recal.

And yes, you will find a body lift makes things 100,000 times easier to work on. I personally would do it before your engine swap. You will find out why the body lift is so important if you attempt to replace your rear shocks without one. Plan on cutting them out or hiring a 12 year old to get his hands in there.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: