Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNC cutting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Layne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: CNC cutting Reply with quote

Im still alive, just been real busy.

If anyone in Regina needs anything fancy cut up ive got the machine to do it. Axyz 7'x22' CNC router, plasma and knife dual gantry vaccum table. The router does a really nice job on wood, plastic and soft metals. The plasma is a hypertherm 1250 so cutting steel up to 1/2" shouldnt be an issue. The knife is for light duty materials and template making.

Cheers

Layne
vanhooton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that otta make a guy happy! what brand machine is it? good choice with the hypertherm! Cool
CW Fab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanhooton wrote:
that otta make a guy happy! what brand machine is it? good choice with the hypertherm! Cool

Quote:
ive got the machine to do it. Axyz 7'x22' CNC router, plasma and knife dual gantry vaccum table.

I'm just guessing but I think he has an Axyz machine. Smile
http://www.axyz.com/

We have an Axyz router table at our shop, works great on aluminum, wood and plastics. Having the knife attachments and plasma would be a nice feature.
So is half the table setup for vacuum and the other half set up for the plasma?

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Randy Pausch
Layne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faster41 what shop do you work at? WD plastics?

Yes it is an axyz machine and so far im pretty happy with it. We had a tough time choosing between the axyz and the multicam but we wouldnt up getting way more for our money with the axyz. Both companies make pretty nice machines.

Ill try and get some better pictures ASAP but basically its setup like 2 seperate machines sharing a table, I can use both at the same time or invidually. The entire 7'x22' table is a vaccum bed, weve got two becker 10 horse power pumps that provide the suction. When we want to use the plasma we simply lay down the plasma bed over the vaccum table, takes about 5 minutes. Currently ive got a 5'x10' plasma bed so I can handle any normal sized sheeting. I cut the 1/4" steel pictured with that hypertherm at 110 inches per minute so she's pretty quick.

Not on here to try and make a bunch of money or anything, just trying to get my name out there. If anyone is interested in doing anything depending on what it is I might be able to work out some really good deals. Im pretty new and always looking for more practice/experience especially when it come's to making cool products I can show off.

Now I just wish I hadent sold my 86 1 ton 4x4, currently looking for a new 4x4 project.
CW Fab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layne wrote:
faster41 what shop do you work at? WD plastics?

When we want to use the plasma we simply lay down the plasma bed over the vaccum table, takes about 5 minutes. Currently ive got a 5'x10' plasma bed so I can handle any normal sized sheeting.

No I work at ACE Manufacturing Inc.
We primarily cut aluminum on ours, it has a 6'x 16' bed, single gantery, router and drill.
I believe Crestline Coach also has one Axyz machine but I heard awhile ago that they picked up some newer stuff that is larger and with more bells and whistles. Not sure what brand they went with this time.

So there is a separate plasma bed that covers the vacuum table, I was wondering how that worked. Sounds like a pretty impressive setup.

Layne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool, I know the boys over at WD and they have 2 axyz units so I had to ask. I checked out you guy's website and it looks like you do some really nice work. Do you run the machine at all? Always looking to compare feedrates and whatnot.
CW Fab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layne wrote:
Thats cool, I know the boys over at WD and they have 2 axyz units so I had to ask. I checked out you guy's website and it looks like you do some really nice work. Do you run the machine at all? Always looking to compare feedrates and whatnot.

Thanks, our main product line is the trucking industry stuff but we also do a lot of custom fab.

No I don't run the machine but I am in the cad department, right beside the mastermind that does all of the nesting, etc. I'm sure if I ask nice he would share some secrets with me. Laughing

vanhooton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yes, sorry i missed that name in there. If you need any service work done on your table, i can give you a number to call!
Layne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know somebody local that service's CNC tables? I'd love that contact info if you dont mind.
vanhooton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sure do know someone... my dads company, Automation Diagnostics and Consulting Inc. i have been working with him since '07. We are based out of saskatoon, but travel rates are very reasonable. I believe he has a trip to Regina coming up soon and he'd more than likely book some time to stop in at your shop. Give him a call, cell# 306-220-2324. Ask for Richard.
Layne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently the table works great and is under full warranty for another year or so but when the time come's I will deffinetly consider calling you guys. It's tough to get techs to come out from calgary or burlington on short notice. Do you guy's have experience on axyz tables?
vanhooton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent personally worked on an axyz, and im not sure if my dad has. I do know that he is familiar with them, as he has been working on cnc tables since the '80's. who were the service guys out of calgary?
Layne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut some 1/2" steel yesterday and it turned out great, im pretty confident this hypertherm would cut 3/4-1" but I need to find some scraps to play around with. Sorry no picture's yet but I will take some Hi-res photo's of our operation soon.
Layne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a few videos;

cutting 1/4" aluminium

cutting a absolut logo out of 1/4" edge lit plexi for a habanos display

Ive got a few more picture's and some video's of the plasma to add when I get sme more time.

If all goes well I will be picking up a dana 60/14 bolt this week so stay tuned to see some neat custom parts get whiped up for my solid axle conversion.

Cheers

Layne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Regina Buzz All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: