Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military Replica Bike Build
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Military Replica Bike Build Reply with quote

So I was bored this summer and wanted to work on something, and realized I had a couple old enduros that I kept saying I was going to do something with. I started with a 1974 Suzuki TS 100

Started stripping it down, shortened the rear frame...

....washed sanded and painted the frame and engine with high heat flat black...

....went shopping at Princess auto!

.....my daughter sanded and painted the tank, ammo boxes, and fenders with textured flat Desert sand.

...and re-installed them

.....I made a new seat bracket and found a bicycle seat that matched what I was looking for so i bought it and installed it. I loosely mounted everything.....

.....and did some stenciling....

.....and finally made and mounted the ammo can racks

.....thats it for that build, I took it in to my bike mechanic and he said it needed a 40 over piston to run properly as it had been hard to start. I will probably sell it as is for $500 or trade it off on something else I can work on, as I hate mechanical stuff! Wink ........my next build is going to be a Bobber, I will post picks and progress soon. Enjoy!! Very Happy
Quote: That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome!!!
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
redbull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, I'd buy it from you. What happened to the exhaust?
toyrunner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just happen to have a 1974 145cc suzuki engine from a enduro if you want to swap the engine

This forum needs a spell check?
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyrunner wrote:
I just happen to have a 1974 145cc suzuki engine from a enduro if you want to swap the engine

REALLY!!???? Wow!!...yes!! How much do you want for it? Thanks Brad! Very Happy Very Happy
Quote: That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: fvdf Reply with quote

redbull wrote:
Very cool, I'd buy it from you. What happened to the exhaust?

Thanks! Very Happy I sawed the exhaust off and am going to re-route it lower on the bike. I just need to get ahold of a pipe bender! If you are serious, you can have it as is for $500 cash. If not i am going to see if Brad still has that engine to swap in! Wink
redbull

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am serious, but I need my garage first.

If you still have it in the Spring, let's talk!
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: fgbfg Reply with quote

For sure, .....but me keeping something that long is pretty doubtful!! Laughing Things tend to go through me like water through a Mexican tourist!! Wink
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: fghdf Reply with quote

Picked up the motor from Brad, (thanks Brad) so going to start swapping motors tonight! hopefully Frankenbike will come alive.....ALIVE!!!...(evil laugh) Wink Rolling Eyes
Tires

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw this. That bike looks awesome!

I saw your stuff out on Northumberland, I'm 2 blocks east. I had to keep driving to ensure I didn't go on a shopping spree!!

What do you think you'd want for the bike after you put that new motor in? Looks like a wicked toy.
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: dfvsd Reply with quote

You should have stopped by!! If it was running I would sell it for $800 the same as what I am selling the Bobber for. It turns out I need a magneto and carb for the new motor though. They don't interchange between the two. Crying or Very sad So I guess I am back to square 1 looking for another motor as I can't find any parts for a Suzuki TC 125 anywhere!
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all the existing engine needs is a new piston, why don't you just get the cylinder bored and replace it? Its not tough to do and the piston should be cheap.

It is in good shape but as i said...it doesn't work.
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: fdgd Reply with quote

I had a look at the piston that is in the original motor, and it looks brand new?? There is a sleeve in the cylinder wall, and looks like new rings??? Confused
BTC95
wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done a compression test? Fixing the motor you have may be quite a bit cheaper and easier than tring to cram some other engine in there. These little bike engines are quite simple to work on.

It is in good shape but as i said...it doesn't work.
Rainman
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: sevsv Reply with quote

Thanks Booker, but I gave up on the motor and went a different route. I have a little Yamaha 80cc that runs excellent, and decided instead of swapping engines, I would swap everything else! Rolling Eyes Call me nuts but this way I am not touching any wiring or carb setup...just body parts.

I started by taking of the rear swing arm and back tire and shock assembly from both bikes. (3 nuts and a cotter pin) and swapped the rear ends. The only adjustments I had to make were to grind a smidge off of the 80cc swing arm bolt hole sleeve to fit perfect. I also had to shorten the one chain by 4 links to fit properly.

That went quick and easy enough, so then I started on the front. The shocks, tree and everything else was a lot smaller on the 80cc frame so I decided to remove the whole front assembly and swap them. I've been sick so didn't finish lastnight. Hopefully be done in the next couple days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> BIKES,SLEDS,QUADS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: