Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New truck!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tires

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a DPF delete pipe off kijiji for cheap, so I'm on the look out for a tuner. I have a feeling I'll be going with the Edge CS. It seems to be the best tuner for the price (About $900 I think) that comes with a full display.

Also thinking I'm going to go for a black DPF-back stack kit with dual 6" miters. Embarassed Laughing Stacks are my guilty pleasure.

Any chance one of the Mod's could just move this over to the Non-Toyota-Builds so I can track my progress without cluttering the Images thread?
colinmacdon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge aka the tranny killer. Unless things have changed edge does not tune your tranny--go with sct, custom tunes for engine and tranny.
varty yo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it takes alot to kill a tranny in the newer fords. those things hold crazy power. Now my allison thats a different story.
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires wrote:
Picked up a DPF delete pipe off kijiji for cheap, so I'm on the look out for a tuner. I have a feeling I'll be going with the Edge CS. It seems to be the best tuner for the price (About $900 I think) that comes with a full display.

Also thinking I'm going to go for a black DPF-back stack kit with dual 6" miters. Embarassed Laughing Stacks are my guilty pleasure.

Any chance one of the Mod's could just move this over to the Non-Toyota-Builds so I can track my progress without cluttering the Images thread?

Did you get the dpf/doc or just the dpf delete. If you don't delete the cat as well you will plug it up with the extra fuel that your sending through. (so I have heard)

Did you find that used Edge Race Tuner for 250 on Kijiji that I had told you about?

Don't spend $900 for a tuner. You can get a good used Livewire with decent canned tunes for under $400 and can monitor with it. It isn't the prettiest setup BUT all the tunes on the livewire run cool and are safe and you do not need to monitor anything unless you are having issues. I rarely ever monitor my truck even with my big tunes unless i am pulling a trailer and load for the first time just so that I have a feel for how it is affecting the truck.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Tires

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Edge tuner I found on Kijiji wasn't DPF-Delete compatible. And it was $200. Link me if you happen to find it again.

I just have the DPF delete pipe, I had'nt heard about the cat clogging. I believe a lot of people are just running the DPF delete pipe alone. I'll look into it.

I haven't heard to much bad stuff about the Edge. Perhaps it's gotten better over the years? I had an Edge Evo on the F150 and loved it, never had any problems for the 60,000kms I ran it. I didn't touch the "level 3"/extreme mode ever.

There's a shop out of Red Deer called Dirty Diesel Customs(anyone delt/heard of them?) selling the Edge CS for $600 new. That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
colinmacdon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires wrote:
There's a shop out of Red Deer called Dirty Diesel Customs(anyone delt/heard of them?) selling the Edge CS for $600 new. That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I have heard of them, I am thinking about ordering an edge insight (for monitoring) from them--they seem to have decent prices. Let me know how you make out if you end up ordering from them.
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires wrote:
The only Edge tuner I found on Kijiji wasn't DPF-Delete compatible. And it was $200. Link me if you happen to find it again.

I just have the DPF delete pipe, I had'nt heard about the cat clogging. I believe a lot of people are just running the DPF delete pipe alone. I'll look into it.

I haven't heard to much bad stuff about the Edge. Perhaps it's gotten better over the years? I had an Edge Evo on the F150 and loved it, never had any problems for the 60,000kms I ran it. I didn't touch the "level 3"/extreme mode ever.

I was considering ordering 5" turbo back from them but decided to just hold onto my 4" and save my pennies (as per my email to you)

One of the smaller issues with the dpf only delete is swapping back and forth for warranty. You have 10 stupid bolts and a gasket that you have to worry about everytime rather than just 2 flange bolts.

Looks like that tuner sold.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: