Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BHCC pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: BHCC pics Reply with quote

It was the best of times and the worst of times.
I will be blunt with the bad news.
This may be the last year this fine event is held. The club is thinking about holding it next year, but maybe in a different format.
The trouble is participation. If we don't go to these events then they will be cancelled. And it's not just the economy.
The local clubs need support, and that support is only given by attending an event. The trail permits are only issued as special events and insurance can only be issued through the permits. Its a catch-22 and the forestry service is watching. If no permits are requested then the trails are closed. Period.
Anyway, we had a blast as usual and only crunched one quarter panel. I would love to see 4 or 5 SK trucks go next year.
And I won so much swag I felt like Robb!
Beautiful scenery, awsome wheeling and camping. I think we need to organize an SK run to the BHCC. My son wants to build a mini truck, so if anyone knows of a good rig let me know.

Last edited by dp on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pics although i look forward to seeing more.. i love seeing all the different trucks there although sometimes it can be tough to get pics of everything.. i know i have next to nothing for pics from the last two previous years of going..

i was under the impression going on other pics that i have seen that this years turn out was better than last years... no??

and that all being said, although this is the closest wheeling event to us that is of any quality i dont think its up to us to help keep this thing going.. i would think that if they cant keep this event running, there are probably other issues at hand and i would hope that just because 2 or 3 other Saskatchewan folk who couldnt make it wouldnt break that event.....
i am thinking of this kind of like toyota trails magazine.. i was reorganizing my toyota trail mags a few days ago and looked at how many TLCA members there were even 6 years ago and there was well over 3600 members.. now they are just over 2600... i think that translates pretty clear to the attendance of a lot of recent events and also shows that the economy isnt anywhere yet where it was.. its tough to keep attendance numbers high when you are only allowing TLCA members to wheel... not that this is a bad thing because thats the last thing i want is to be wheeling with a bunch of jeeps but the membership definitelly reflects the numbers who attend.

so whatcha all win??? and was Rob there this year?? i was really looking forward to seeing jim and family.. you realize you only won lots cuz i wasnt there... Laughing Wink i cleaned up hard last year and the year before..

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
dp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying its up to SK wheelers to keep the BHCC running. We are just a small number that has attended overall.
I think that participating is a good thing. And this is an open event and you can run what you brung. The TLCA membership is required for insurance though. I didn't take a pile of pics this year so I don't have a lot more to share.
There are a lot of guys who wheel without the club now that the trails are actually published on the forest maps. I'm not saying this is a bad thing.
But unless these guys get together they are going to lose in the long run and that will be a shame. They think its great now but they don't realize it was the local clubs that fought for the trails and spent time and money to get and keep them open.
If they could see what we deal with I think they would start banding together.
But maybe you are right, and the wheeling hobby is dying off for Toyota owners. Times change and this isn't the only event suffering. The Dakota Challenge is still pretty big, and that's an open event. Maybe having just Toyota only events won't happen? The Jeeps have the numbers but maybe we don't anymore.
littlerunner
Financial contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be out next year. 4runner WILL be done this fall.
39.5 TSL's on USA 6x6 Hummer Beadlocks
2008 F350 Superduty. 6" Franken Lift. 37's
RIP 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650
2006 Summit 800 Adrenaline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: