Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dirty 30's or rcv or what else?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
double-d

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Dirty 30's or rcv or what else? Reply with quote

Need some stronger front axles. What do you guys think? Dirty 30's, rcv axles, they are both close in price. Is there something else out there? What's better?
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dirty 30's or rcv or what else? Reply with quote

double-d wrote:
Need some stronger front axles. What do you guys think? Dirty 30's, rcv axles, they are both close in price. Is there something else out there? What's better?

all 3 big manufacturers use rcv to produce axles for them..

Longfield, trailgear's dirty 30's and nitro get RCV to build their axles and birfs for them but to their own spec..

trailgear's dirty 30's are being phased out (or thats what trailgear implies) so that they will be selling just longfield.. after Bobby long died his wife tina said she would run the company for one year.. that one year just ended last month where Trailgear than bought Longfield and promised to carry on with the longfield tradition with the best axles and the best warranty.. we will see what happens..

another thought is that the longs are tested to 40 degrees and have a higher breaking strength than the dirty 30's where as the dirty 30's are only tested to 30 degrees.. you will never use that much turning radius on a toyota diff but its nice to know that the longs are tested to a higher degree and will hold up better with more abuse..

pretty much anything you buy now that is in the chromoly flavor is gonna last a long long time.. and there is lifetime warranty on everyones stuff too so you should be taken care of for quite some time..

Laughing Laughing AND HERE IS THE SALES PITCH... Laughing Laughing

this all being said..... i have a full set of longs and inner axles that are in the front of Project extend-a-toy's front diff that i can sell to you if interested.. they havent even made one revolution yet.. i would sell them for the list price thats on the longfield website so i guess you would be saving on the shipping which would be around 100 bucks or so...(or perhaps sweeten up the deal just a little sinse you are already buying a lot from me) They are new and do have lifetime warranty so if its worth it to you to save a little cash and still be cheaper than buying dirty 30's you can pm me or give me a call..

thanks Dale..

https://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

http://www.trail-gear.ca/summer-blowouts/dirty-30s-30-spline-birfield-axle-kit/

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
double-d

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha you are handy! I'll pm you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: