Toontoys Forums Forum Index Toontoys Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to me taco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanhooton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: New to me taco Reply with quote

I have to say it has been a long time since I had a truck to post about, the '93 4 runner 2 door motor swap is on the way - it will be for sale on here soon.

On to bigger things... I recently purchased this 2000 Tacoma off kijiji.
A few things about it: 'fabtech' 8" lift, 2" body lift, some other goodies and the factory rear lock diff. I have to figure a suitable bumper to fab that goes well with tube fenders linked to rock sliders.

And went playing a bit
Didn't get any action shots because I went far enough to please myself... And my recovery vehicle currently has... 'Summer tires'

I wish to flat deck it but really when the box is sold I will accept that challenge. Smile
vanhooton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an idea of fuel tanks from a factory setup that would fit in between the rear frame rails? something that work well in these trucks? I'm already thinking of long haul travel and the 60L is not much. working on the rear passenger side of the frame on the inside.. Rust repair. leaf mount - to the carrier bushing crossmember. Pressure washing as much as I can then welding it up. Moving the fuel tank later to fix the other side.
fj-rankenstein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on your budget, have you thought about a custom fuel cell?? it might suit your needs better...

my yard looks like a toyota dealership circa 1980
vanhooton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yes.. It is possible. Any suggestions on where to order from?
Frame is welded on the passenger side. Photobucket is down at the moment, I will post pics tomorrow!
benji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanhooton wrote:
I have yes.. It is possible. Any suggestions on where to order from?
Frame is welded on the passenger side. Photobucket is down at the moment, I will post pics tomorrow!

Nice rig dude. You might find a fuel cell here http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/part-type/fuel-cells?sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending.

Why not just carry a couple jerry can for long hauls?
vanhooton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like princess auto jerry cans are the way to go. They will be built in for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toontoys Forums Forum Index -> Hard Core Corner All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: